Abott Panbio COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing
Now available in our pharmacy!
Cost per screening: $40
- The Panbio Rapid Test is a screening tool that can quickly detect COVID-19 antigens
- This is NOT the laboratory PCR COVID-19 test
- When you have NO SYMPTOMS. This test is for screening only, not diagnosis
- When you have NOT been in contact with anyone with symptoms
- When you have NOT been in contact with anyone in close contact to known positive cases
- This test is NOT for use in confirmed or suspected outbreak settings
- You can get the Panbio Rapid Test at our pharmacy – Book Your Appointment
- The Panbio Rapid Test is only valid for travel to countries that accept rapid test results
- Please check the travel requirements for your country of destination
- Compared to the PCR test, the Panbio Rapid Test has a higher risk of false positives (positive result when it’s actually negative) and false negatives (negative result when it’s actually positive)
- False positives are more likely for individuals with a low likelihood of COVID-19
- False negatives are more likely for individuals with a high likelihood of COVID-19
- ThePanbio Rapid Test is valid only for countries accepting this test. Whereas the PCR test is valid for all international travels
- A trained healthcare professional at Markland Wood Pharmacy will collect a nasal swab sample and perform the Panbio Rapid Test
- Panbio Rapid Test results will be available from Markland Wood Pharmacy
- Individuals with positive Panbio Rapid Test results will need a laboratory PCR COVID-19 test within 48 hours and should isolate until the results of the lab-based test are known.
- $40 per antigen test.